So, as I mentioned in my previous blogpost, my husband S got a Beanie Baby, "Mr. _____," as part of his first anniversary gift. He was the second in the series, as S got his first Beanie, Groom Bear, from me on our wedding day. But these bears actually embarrass him, I think. He won't take them to work to display on his desk. I don't know why.Truth be told, I'm not really into the beanies myself. In fact, I have to confess that the reason I got these bears for S is that they were "FREE with the purchase of 3 Hallmark Expressions cards" at the local Stop 'n' Shop. As I love to get somethin' for nuthin', naturally I stocked up. (S also got a "Cinco de Mayo" Beanie Baby bear in his lunchbox back in May. That bear also was denied the privilege of staying at the office, and came back home to live in the Cinco de Mayo decorations box in the attic where he's lonely in the dark. sniff, sniff.)
Well, I have to tell you that I have now received a white bear of my own! After reading yesterday's posting, wouldn't you think that we had a pretty big anniversary celebration in Maine? I sure did, which is why I thought that on Monday morning, the real date of our anniversary, the fun was all in the past. Oh, sure, S still had a lunchbox love note from me to take to work on the official day, but I thought he'd already given me my gift. That was our agreement.
So, thinking things were all over, I planned to spend Monday lounging around the house all day in my pajamas. Well, that was the plan until I got a phone call: "This is Ward's Florist... We're looking for your house."
So, I quickly got myself presentable enough to open the door to receive the following bouquet:
The lovely cut flowers came with a bear of my own AND a bag of Rolos, one of my favorite caramel and chocolate candies!! My husband is so sweet...and SNEAKY! Thanks, Pumpkin!

1 comment:
Happy Anniversary!
Your blog is very well done! Thanks for sharing your life with us so far away! We think of you often!
-Lisa, Johan and Bethany
Post a Comment