So, have you ever been embarrassed when you heard about something done by someone who shared your name? Horrible feeling, isn't it?
Or maybe you went through school with someone who shared your name, and you were less-than-happy with comparisons that others drew between the two of you?
Well, now it seems that has happened to me in real life and in Blogland. You see, my real name was the most popular name for girls in the U.S. the year I was born. I went through school as one of three girls in class with the same name. Luckily, back then, I was alphabetically first by surname, so I got to be #1. That supremacy is what helped me survive. And that's what has also led to the princesita mentality I have today.
But I got married last year to someone whose surname is a little further in the alphabet and is a LOT less unique. In fact, when we went down to the village library to register for our library cards, I found out that I was the third person in my hamlet with this same name--first AND last. BUST! I have never considered myself "common," much less a "commoner," so this was a humbling experience.
And now that I have started a blog under the name "Pumita," I am coming to learn about other people/groups/organizations known as "Puma." Over the next few posts I will be sharing some of these with you, either in list format or as links here on the blog homepage (check the right-hand column for the latest updates).
Disclaimer: I hereby dissociate myself from any of these people/groups/organizations. I present them only as information for your benefit and entertainment. The views expressed by these third parties do NOT represent the positions of the management. Blogstalkers, beware!
Or maybe you went through school with someone who shared your name, and you were less-than-happy with comparisons that others drew between the two of you?
Well, now it seems that has happened to me in real life and in Blogland. You see, my real name was the most popular name for girls in the U.S. the year I was born. I went through school as one of three girls in class with the same name. Luckily, back then, I was alphabetically first by surname, so I got to be #1. That supremacy is what helped me survive. And that's what has also led to the princesita mentality I have today.
But I got married last year to someone whose surname is a little further in the alphabet and is a LOT less unique. In fact, when we went down to the village library to register for our library cards, I found out that I was the third person in my hamlet with this same name--first AND last. BUST! I have never considered myself "common," much less a "commoner," so this was a humbling experience.
And now that I have started a blog under the name "Pumita," I am coming to learn about other people/groups/organizations known as "Puma." Over the next few posts I will be sharing some of these with you, either in list format or as links here on the blog homepage (check the right-hand column for the latest updates).
Disclaimer: I hereby dissociate myself from any of these people/groups/organizations. I present them only as information for your benefit and entertainment. The views expressed by these third parties do NOT represent the positions of the management. Blogstalkers, beware!

1 comment:
I feel the same way... We're still figuring out what to do about the last name, but if we go with just his, it'll be a downgrade from B to D!! ;) The other person with my current name is a lawyer/college professor, but at least I come up first on google...
Post a Comment