Wednesday, June 18, 2008

First Entry from the Pumita

So, my new groom and I are sitting in my parents' church one day when, right in the middle of the sermon, we start to hear a low, slow growl from the pew behind us. My husband and I got so tickled that I had to start digging my fingernails into him to keep us both from laughing too hard and being disrepectful to the preacher.

I asked my parents afterwards if they heard something during church, and my mother identified the source as none other than the dyed-black-haired elderly lady who has sat behind them for decades. My father wears a hearing aid, and he was oblivious to such a low frequency, so I tried to explain the sound to him: "It sounded like a puma, ready to sprang!" (Those of you who know me can hear the Southern drawl on that last word.)

My husband really liked that explanation, and that is how I got the second part of my nickname he uses as a term of endearment. I was always his Princesita, now I am the Princesita Pumita, 'cause I am always "ready to sprang" into action, whereas he is slightly more laid-back. And thus, the name of my blog.

Welcome, all! I hope you'll enjoy the many more anecdotes I'll share about my need to be busy and his need to chill and how we are both learning to grow into this tension as we enter our second year of marriage.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

YAY! Welcome to the blogging family!

eliane said...

What a wonderful trip! Thanks for sharing.