Monday, June 23, 2008

Window Treatments

I am very proud to announce our new window treatments for the bedroom! They were on backorder from Country Curtains and finally came in while I was away at a professional obligation a couple of weeks ago. I was so excited to get back home to see them, and then hang them one morning last week before my husband left for work.

We live near the coast in the Greater Boston area, so we are pretty far north and east in this time zone. Although the sun officially rises at 5AM, the birds and other little creatures begin their song even earlier, at first light, somewhere between 4:15 and 4:30AM. This makes it hard to "sleep in" on the weekends, a concept I tried to explain to my students, yet without much sympathy:

"But profesora, it's so nice to get up early on the weekends," one kind soul explained. "I feel so productive if I don't waste the day sleeping in until noon."

NOON??? Who said anything about sleeping until noon? I would happily settle for "sleeping in" until 6 or 7AM!!

So this explains why my husband and I were in the market for some black-out roll-up shades, "available exclusively at Country Curtains," to replace our mini blinds. (They are working well, BTW.)

While we were at it, I decided to replace the frilly lace valances I previously had (and which he disliked), and I asked for his input. Here's what we settled on:



It's a sensible stripe that we plan to upgrade one day, as it has many other options as far as coordinating fabrics and products. I'd like to change out our current quilt for the pretty Cottage Garden Quilted Bedspread (see first store link above). Maybe when the weather turns cooler...

Anyway, boy, was I glad to find out that S not only had taste, he shared MY taste! A very happy ending indeed!


1 comment:

Heidi said...

These are beautiful and very unfrilly. I think S has great taste.
Plus, anything that has some blue in it is great!