Monday, September 22, 2008

DANGER! DANGER! Chocolate Mug Cake at 3 o'clock

I'll be the first to admit that I've never thought of my father as a great cook, and certainly not as a baker.

And he still may not be... After all, he didn't come up with the delightful decadence you'll find below.  He merely forwarded it to me on email today.

Nevertheless, I have to give him the credit for recognizing chompy desserts when he sees them.

So, for all you chocolate lovers out there, enjoy what may literally be (and this phrase really would come from my father)

"Moments on the lips (and in the preparation stages!)...Forever on the hips."

Enjoy,



5-MIN CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

Add dry ingredients to large coffee mug and mix well:

4 Tablespoons flour
4 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons cocoa

Add:

1 egg (mix well)

Add:

3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons choc chips
a small splash vanilla extract

Mix well.

Put mug in microwave (1000-watt) and cook for 3 minutes.

The cake will rise over the top ~ don't panic!

Let cool a little and tip onto a plate ~ EAT!!

Can serve two if you are not selfish.

And why is it the most DANGEROUS cake recipe in the world?

Because now we are only 5 min. away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

This sounds wonderful. I may even make up a batch to put in my desk at school. I could make it between classes! I will wait to add the egg though. That could start to smell things up in my desk.....