Sunday, September 21, 2008

Pumas and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

So, hello, all you Puma fans!  I apologize for my silence over the past few weeks.  I have been swamped with the start-up of the school semester, particularly since this is my last semester at this college.

That's right, my husband S and I will be moving back South, to our home state at the end of fall semester.  I start a new teaching position at another college January 1st.  It's going to be a very full term with all the transitions, to say the least!

But through it all, we are trying to be very intentional in carving out time with each other to do fun things as well as to maximize our outings to regional attractions and events.

One such place we visited over Labor Day weekend was the DeCordova Museum and Sculpture Park.  And, as always, we got in FREE, thanks to the museum pass program at our local public library.  

We had ideal weather for our Sunday afternoon picnic of spinach, hummus and chicken pita sandwiches and Greek yogurt with fresh fruit.  But, by far, the biggest thrill for us was posing with these great tiger statues by Gwynn Murrill.  Of course, we pretended they were pumas!

Enjoy,

No comments: