Saturday night my husband S and I went to visit my TA at the restaurant where she works. We were the first ones to enter for dinner that evening at 4:45PM. (When the sun ain´t even down yet and you are eating supper, you know you are getting old!)
Anyway, we had a nice time at The American Barbecue. I believe we made my little friend´s day. See her big smile?
They have quite an extensive menu, and a vast collection of pigs--stuffed animals, figurines, stickers, etc.
S had the combo plate with sausage and brisket, while I had the pulled pork. Sides were cole slaw and Southern greens for him, mashed sweet potatoes and mac and cheese for me. S will be taking the leftovers with him to work for lunch at least twice this week. The highlight was the Key Lime Pie, home-made by Emilio and Arturo right there on the premises.
And in case my mother is reading, they serve yellow cornbread, not Ballard.
More healthful recipes to return tomorrow.
Love,


No comments:
Post a Comment