Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Batty New Puma-mobile

I'm a Lamborghini Murcielago!

Well, I don´t know what kind of Friday you´re having, but mine is rather heavy (working on a budget--yikes!).

That´s why I was happy to engage in a displacement activity (that´s fancy grad-school lingo for "farting around") when I got an entertaining weblink in another one of those mass-email forwards.

You know the kind...take a survey which will predict or reveal something trivial about your life that is oh-so-close to the truth that you have to wonder, "WOW... just how smart ARE those computers getting these days??"

So, give it a try, see what kind of car you are: Take the Which Sports Car Are You? quiz.

My friend who sent me the link is a Corvette, which seems to be the most popular category (27% of those surveyed). It´s funny, though, ´cause I´ve never known her to be "much too fast."

Okay, who else out there now has that nifty Prince tune, ¨Little Red Corvette¨, in their head?? Lo siento... Click on the link...take a listen...it will cheer you up!
And remember Rock ´n´ Roll fans, this was before he went through that whole identity crisis with the unpronounceable symbol for a name, for which he was dubbed "The Artist (Formerly Known As Prince)."Back to the survey... Yes, I´m a Lamborghini Murciélago. (Sorry, but I don´t know a pop tune for that car. I imagine it´s hard to find words that rhyme.) I´m among a scant 7% of all survey takers. For me it was between that and the Porsche 911, with 15% of the survey takers. But I picked "sledgehammer" (I´ll resist the urge to link Peter Gabriel´s memorable pop tune here--de nada!) for my preferred tool and not "scalpel."

Here´s what my summary revealed about me:
"You're not subtle, but you don't want to be. Fast, loud, and dramatic, you want people to notice you, and then get out of the way. In a world full of sheep, you're a raging bull. "

Now for all my mono-lingual readers, "murciélago" means "bat" (the flying mammal). Which brings me to a side story, and the personal photo uploads of the day.

S and I have fond memories of all the knowledge we gleaned during the *FREE* tour of Casa Bacardí, the Rum Distillery, on our honeymoon in Puerto Rico last year.
Being a teetotalling Baptist myself, I had never noticed that the Bacardí symbol was the bat. You can learn a lot from an alcoholic. Ha!




Once we were in the know, though, S and I started calling it "Bat-cardí", just to honor the role of our little friend.

So, enjoy the survey, and be sure to post a comment with your results!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I am a Chevy Corvette....red. I have never owned a Chevy. Very interesting stuff you've been spending time on lately!

Mrs. H. said...

I am a Mazda RX-8. I did not know that! ;-) 6% of those surveyed are the same as me -
"You're sporty, yet practical, and you have a style of your own. You like to have fun, and you like to bring friends along for the ride, but when it comes time for everyday chores, you're willing to do your part."
That was fun! :-)