Monday, July 28, 2008

Menu-Planning Monday

So, I apologize to all my readers (both of you) for my extended absence. I was away at a conference in lovely Middlebury, VT. Here are two of my thoughts on the town.

First, one in English: it was extremely humid there, but how else you gonna get green mountains if there's no moisture or precipitation?

Second, a tongue-twister remark I made in Spanish about how the herds in the surrounding fields contribute to the aroma wafting in the air around the breath-taking (very punny, I know!) campus: "Huele a caca de vaca acá."

But now I´m back, and I´m at work on S´s meals for the week.

Allow me one more digression before the list of eats, please.

Can you believe that S´s supper last Friday night got thrown out by the cleaning crew who were on fridge duty?? He´s worked there over 7 months, and NOT ONCE before has this happened to him, despite the threatening sign on the fridge door. So, my poor groom came home hungry that night. That´s right, they not only through out his haddock with braising mix, they also threw out his bottle of salad dressing! The one bright spot is that they did not throw out his Ziploc containers, nor his special soft-side lunchbox with freezer pack. That would have been over the top!

Now that I got that off my chest, on with the meals. You´ll notice that the selections are drawn heavily from this month´s issue of Cooking Light, which arrived while I was gone. Also, it´s once again time to play the Guess-Which-Veggies-We-Got-in-This-Week´s-Pickup-From-the-Community-Sponsored-Agriculture-Program game! Good luck!

Monday
Today was leftovers from my cooking streak last week.

Tuesday
lunch--Savory Swiss Chard, Eggplant Marinara Pasta Casserole, French bread
supper--Garlic-Rubbed Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce, Spanish rice, black beans

Wednesday
lunch--Zucchini Eggplant Lasagna, salad, French bread
supper--whatever S wants from this week´s leftovers

Thursday
lunch--Cavatappi Niçoise (if I can find the niçoise olives), salad, French bread
supper--Steak Panzanella or Spice-Rubbed Flank Steak (sorry, but the Cooking Light website doesn´t give a recipe for their version included in the current issue), oven-roasted potatoes, Balsamic-Glazed Vegetables

Friday--whatever S wants from this week´s leftovers

So, eat up, everyone, and take those warnings about refrigerator-cleaning sessions seriously!

1 comment:

Mrs. H. said...

Thanks for entering my giveaway! :-)