Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Back in Business before the Busy-ness

So, if you are on Facebook, you are already in the know about my new computer!  Hooray!  

Yes, I am now the proud owner of a Macbook.  The IT people at school realized that my old computer was not adequate for all the new technology-based ideas I'd like to incorporate into my classes, so they advocated for me to be on this year's recipient list for computer upgrades AND for me to switch over to the Mac platform.

For the past two days I have been without my own computer, keeping in touch only by using my husband's laptop.  (Actually, it was the computer my parents gave me when I got tenure, but S has since reappropriated it for himself.  But, since he is Spoiled, I let him.  How can I resist giving him what he wants??)

I'm happy to make the switch to a Mac.  Actually, my first computer was an Apple.  Well, I lie.  Going way back to the fifth grade gifted program, my first computer was really a Texas Instruments that hooked up to the TV set in my parents' room.  To be completely truthful, I'll have to say that the first modern computer that I bought myself (for grad school) was an Apple.  I have nothing but fond memories.  

Now I am in a bit of a transition time, getting used to locating files, changing over to new programs, adjusting to the new keyboard, remembering what the shortcuts are, learning how to set up the International keyboard for my Spanish documents.  My fingers have been quite confused.  But it's all coming back to me!

The lack of computer also resulted in a general lack of productivity around the home.  Also, we had so much food left from last week and from the weekend, that I didn't need to cook in a major way until today.  But this has proved providential, as I have been horribly busy (if not consumed) dealing with start-of-a-new-semester matters at work.  Ugh!  I'd much rather be cooking!

Thus, without any further ado, I present the meals for the remainder of the week:

Wednesday
lunch--grilled salmon with braising mix, baked potato, Asian slaw (recipe featured on Rhoda's Southern Hospitality blog)
dinner--Cavatappi Nicoise, beet and mandarin salad with mint, veggies and hummus

Thursday
lunch--steak and sweet potatoes, whole wheat French bread, veggies and hummus
dinner--grilled salmon, beets, Asian slaw

Friday
lunch--grilled salmon, Asian slaw, summer squash
dinner--chile-brined roasted pork loin, salad, whole wheat French bread

Enjoy, S!
Love,

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I'll be over for lunch on Thursday-- My kind of meal!