Dear readers,
This is the Pumita's husband writing you tonight. I commandeered this here blog, and here´s our Sunday story:
Next, we meandered through Essex and past the Periwinkles (they have the best clam chowder - according to the Essex clam fest) over to the Essex River Cruise. For our water-themed celebration, we took a Sunday morning muffin, coffee and juice cruise. Our guide was very knowledgeable - never a dull moment, and he was always quick with an interesting local tidbit of information or a joke. After the cruise, we both decided we could stand to eat some seafood - after our tour guide had done his job by plugging Periwinkles (we did share a big bowl of clam chowdah).
After lunch, we came back home and I sent the Puma upstairs while I set up the party area. I invited some of our friends - our foam roller, "Foamy," was able to come and don a party hat. Next, I set up the party table with a princess-themed cake, plates and napkins. Pumita´s cake came complete with her princess tiara and jeweled sceptre. Pumita got some nice gifts, too. Foamy got her a tool that he hoped would remind her of him - a long and slender cheese grater and fruit zester. Next, two more of Pumita´s friends, Rex and Fluffy, got her two gifts that would remind her of them - Hershey chocolate bars and marshmallows for s´mores! Finally, Pumita´s namesake came into her life that afternoon - Aurora, the blond puma.
After all the excitement, we all sat down to have some delicious buttercream-iced princess cake and some decadent vanilla ice cream I made. The ice cream, of course, was full of flavor!
And this was just the pre-party for Pumita's real birthday on tomorrow.
Hope you enjoyed it!
S (as in Special Guest Blogger)

No comments:
Post a Comment