We've had a very productive day, but at 4PM, we are pooped! I should add here that I have been awake since 3AM. I listened to S sleep for 3.5 more hours. What a bust!
S and I were right on time for the 8AM church service. Then came back home and weeded a very unkempt bed in our backyard for two hours. Yes, it was that bad. We are definitely getting too old for the bending and squatting involved in that activity.
Having worked up quite an appetite, for lunch we prepared Black Bean and Chicken Chilaquiles since we FINALLY found some queso blanco in one of our local supermarkets. Of course we gorged ourselves, eating our usual Black Bean and Avocado Salsa as well. I'm telling you--it's so good that I'm never eating packaged, pre-made guacamole again!
Then we got a jump start on the week's meals by making a lovely, fresh side dish, Barley Risotto with Summer Vegetables. We can hardly wait to enjoy this and our other veggies from our CSA program.
One final side note that I'm very pleased to share. At the lunch table at work last week, a co-worker told S, "Man, you eat like a king!" I'm glad someone else notices all the variety in the lovingly-prepared meals S takes to work.
Hope you're eating like royalty!


1 comment:
Hi Pumita!!!
THANKS for the head's up on the great recipes! Can't wait to try....I just like saying "chilaquiles"- think I'll like eating them even more. Enjoying your blog and thanks for commenting at Sassy Gal, too. And, yes, we must feed these men like "kings"- chocolate bars and peanut butter included!
Have a blessed day!
Sassy Gal
Post a Comment