Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mac's Pride


Let me tell you about one of my favorite summertime treats.  In fact, it's my favorite of all fruits:  the juicy freestone peach.

Now, you might wonder what has prompted me to dedicate an entire blog posting to this delight.  Well, it's the SECOND shipment S and I have gotten this summer thanks to his parents' thoughtfulness and generosity.  Yes, ladies and gents, TWICE have we received a 2-layer shipment of this Southern delicacy from Mac's Pride in McBee, SC.  That's 40 peaches, around 23 pounds of scrumptiousness.  Chomp!

The first shipment was sent as a nice hostess gift when the in-laws came to visit over the 4th of July holiday weekend; the second, just because they like us.

Last night for our bedtime snack S and I enjoyed some hot fruit by following this recipe from Emeril (sans pancake, 'cause, you know, we aren't TOTAL porkers...well, not at 9:30PM, anyway).

I hope this blog has made your mouth water for some juicy goodness.

Happy drooling!

No comments: